EducaTED - here we go again
Join us for our 2022 Academy Conference with guest speakers and invigorating and insightful talks from some fantastic speakers.
About this event
Following on from the previous inspiring event, held in November 2021, Forrester Boyd, Wilkin Chapman and Fortis Therapy and Training are delighted to bring you EducaTED -here we go again. This conference will deliver the usual mix of practical and informative talks, combined with TED style talks from three inspirational educational speakers.
Last time Wilkin Chapman focussed on the ABC of HR (Absenteeism, Behaviour and Capability); now we’re moving on to the DEF (happily not the DfE!) of management – Development, Efficiency and Finance.
This FREE event is aimed at Heads, School Business Managers, Senior Leaders, Governors and Trustees. Places are limited to two per trust/school.
Pick up some useful thoughts and tips from our experts:
- Carrie Jensen and Adam Millson from Forrester Boyd, will be using their experience in the sector to provide advice on how to maintain accurate budget reporting and prepare management accounting in line with ESFA best practice. Alongside this they will also cover some sector developments and highlight the key changes in the Academies Accounts Direction ahead of the year end.
- Katie Davies and Jane Eatock from Wilkin Chapman will have their own take on DEF – Dismissing, Exiting and Firing……whatever you call it let’s help you to recognise when it’s right to part company and how to minimise the stress and risks in doing it.
- Alexis Powell‐Howard from Fortis Therapy and Training will discuss the impact of leadership coaching for personal, professional and organisational development. In a busy and reactive educational environment, the impact of monthly head space for collaborative therapeutic leadership coaching cannot be underestimated. In this talk Alexis will discuss how this type of coaching works, the benefits, and the challenges, as well as sharing working case studies.
Our guest speakers
We are excited to introduce our panel of educational leaders from across the region.
- Andy Hibbitt, Deputy CEO and Chief Operating Officer of Exceed Learning Partnership, who will be talking about Development and the journey their MAT has followed to deliver on their commitment to "Every Child. Every Chance. Every Day"
- Martin Brown, CEO of Tollbar MAT, who will discuss Efficiency, exploring the professionalisation and centralisation of key functions such as HR, finance and estates.
- Mike Hobbs. Finance Director, from St Thomas Aquinas Catholic MAT, who will focus on Finance, sharing his experiences of the thorny topic of GAG pooling.
There will be plenty of time for questions and discussions, so take some time out of your busy schedules to join us for a thought provoking morning and an excellent brunch!