We have an excellent opening for someone to join our team in the Lincoln area. This is a full time role which offers flexibility, a great work life balance, great job satisfaction and the opportunity to become part of the Forrester Boyd family.
we’re happy to discuss flexible working options to support a healthy work and life balance.
we celebrate and reward long service awards and promotions.
we hold regular social events and offer plenty of networking opportunities.
we give you access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential advice and support.
we ensure staff have a wealth of technical and soft skill courses at their fingertips to enable ongoing learning and personal development.
What does the job involve?
You’ll be working within our tax team to deliver tax services across the practice for a diverse range of clients.
A typical working day could include:
- Personal Tax Return preparation
- P11D Return preparation
- Company Tax Return preparation
- Reviewing Company and Personal Tax Returns prepared by other members of the practice
- Assisting non tax specialist colleagues with tax queries
- Preparation of reports and providing assistance with ad-hoc tax planning advice
What do you need to bring to the table?
To be successful, you will ideally be either currently studying towards ATT / CTA or recently qualified, but accountancy professionals with at least two years’ general tax experience may be considered. You must also possess the following skills:
- Proven track record in a practice environment
- Ability to work unaided to strict deadlines
- High level of computing skills
- Accept instruction from senior personnel
- Ability to research and interpret tax legislation
To be part of our family, we want someone who is organised, friendly, and reliable, has great communication skills, good teamwork skills and the ability and willingness to learn.
30 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays) - increasing with service
Life assurance worth three times salary
Purchase up to 5 days additional holidays per year
You will benefit from a competitive salary, commensurate to experience
- Flexible working options (please note this is NOT a fully remote role and does require some office attendance)
- Funded study opportunities for the right candidate
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with service) inc. bank holidays
- Life Assurance - 3 times salary
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Wellbeing Support with Fortis Therapy Training
- Regular Social Events
- Networking opportunities
- Be part of the uk200 network
- Cycle to work scheme
- Purchase up to 5 days additional holiday
- Dress down Friday
- Charitable Events
- Free eye tests
It's really easy.
Simply send your current CV along with a covering letter.
Need to know a bit more about us?
Forrester Boyd is one of the largest independent chartered accountancy practices with offices in Grimsby, Beverley, Louth, Scunthorpe, Skegness and Hull. We offer a full spectrum of accountancy, audit, tax and business advisory services to a wide and diverse client base. As well as accountancy, Forrester Boyd also provides clients with corporate finance and wealth management advice through its group of firms. We have a pro-active and forward thinking partnership, who are driven to deliver continual growth and development of the practice. We have 17 partners with an average age of 40 who are very focussed on continual improvement and development of the firm, its services, its efficiency and its teams.
This provides a really great place to work. We support our people by nurturing talent, providing opportunities for progression and career development, and recruiting the best people to join our firm.