Helping you grow your business
Forrester Boyd’s Corporate finance team specialise in guiding owner managed and private businesses through a wide range of corporate finance transactions.
Our dedicated team brings together an extensive range of corporate finance skills and experiences alongside the wide range of Forrester Boyd’s in-house specialists in areas such as tax, investments and wealth management.
A business acquisition is a common and key growth strategy of many businesses and can immediately increase your market share; diversify your product portfolio; expand your geographical coverage and provide benefit by combining resources and costs.
We can project manage all aspects of the transaction from start to finish ensuring that the process is properly planned and is executed efficiently and confidentially.
In addition to standard business purchases we also support Management Buy Outs (the acquisition of a business from its current owner by existing management) and Management Buy Ins (the acquisition of the business by external management).
Our services typically include:
- Identifying and contacting potential targets
- Performing a business valuation in order to formulate an offer
- Negotiating the terms and structure of the transaction
- Preparing a detailed business plan and financial forecasts to assist in the raising of appropriate debt and/or equity funds
- Leading discussions and negotiations with potential funders
- Performing financial and taxation due diligence
- Working with your solicitors to finalise the sale and purchase agreement and to complete the transaction
Financial Due Diligence
Financial due diligence is commonly performed as part of a business acquisition / investment / lending process and will cover the financial and taxation aspects of a business.
The purpose of the due diligence is to identify any significant actual or potential issues in a business that a buyer, investor or lender should consider in reaching an informed decision.
We undertake financial due diligence for purchasers, investors and for financial institutions to assist in investment and lending decisions.
Our financial due diligence work is led by a corporate finance partner and will typically involve corporate, payroll and VAT tax specialists along with pension and human resource specialists as and when appropriate.
The scope of the financial due diligence will depend upon your requirements but typically will cover the following areas:
- History and operational
- Human resources
- Management information systems
- Financial information
- Commitments and contingencies
To discuss your Corporate Finance requirements, please contact Mike Beckett or a member of our Corporate Finance team on 01472 350601
Download our corporate finance brochures:-