Business disposals arise for a variety of reasons and may include retirement, the next generation of the family pursuing a different career path, a business owner looking to realise their investment, or it may be the disposal of a non-core division/subsidiary.
We can advise on planning your exit in order to achieve the best value for the business, through the financial, taxation and commercial aspects of the disposal process, and to the completion stage ensuring that the transaction is properly planned and executed efficiently and confidentially.
The disposal process can be extremely demanding and we will take much of the pressure away from you so that you can concentrate on continuing to run your business.
Our services typically include:
- Preparing a detailed Sale Memorandum combining history, financial, commercial and qualitative information on your business
- Identifying potential purchasers through detailed research and using extensive UK, European and Global company databases
- Preparing a confidential Taster Document to introduce the opportunity to an appropriate contact of the potential purchasers
- Preparing a disclosure agreement to maintain confidentiality with potential purchasers
- Considering the financial and taxation implications of the offers received
- Negotiating the best price and terms with potential acquirers to maximise your proceeds
- Working with your solicitors to finalise the sale and purchase agreement and to complete the transaction within the required timescale