The academic year-end has passed so here is a timely reminder of the key dates coming up for Academy Trusts.
- Autumn 2017 census date: Thursday 5th October 2017
- Deadline for submitting data: Wednesday 1st November 2017
- Land and building collection tool (LBCT) – 31st October 2017
The return needs to be completed by each academy trust and provide land and buildings details for each academy school operated by the academy trust as at 31 August 2017. If an academy school joined your academy trust on 1 September 2017 it will be accounted for in the LBCT next year.
The valuation form for new academy schools will still need to be completed within 6 weeks of opening. However those schools requiring a 5 year revaluation will not need to complete the valuation form as the data required will be taken from the LBCT.
- Audited financial statements and auditor’s management letter – to be submitted to the ESFA by 31st December 2017.
Trusts must then publish their 2016/17 financial statements along with the 2015/16 financial statements on their academy website by 31st January 2018.
- Accounts return – Trusts must submit their 2016/17 accounts return by 19th January 2018.
- Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) – In 2016 new applicants had until 5pm on 30th November to register. The deadline for submitting applications was 12 noon on 9th December for all applicants. The ESFA will announce the deadlines for the 2018 to 2019 CIF round in October 2017.
Other academy services
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Academies’ Comprehensive Finance Service. The aim of the service is to provide support to the School Business Manager with the high level reporting and ESFA returns, which allows them more time to complete their day to day roles within the school.
The different services included within the package are listed below. You have the option to take the whole package or to tailor this to meet your specific needs.
- Completion of the August Accounts Return (AAR)
- Completion of the Budget Forecast Returns
- March Management Accounts
- Audit of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme End of Year Certificate (EOYC)
- Internal Reviews (previously called the Responsible Officer reviews)
- Budget Reviews
If any of the above services interest you please contact us to arrange a personalised quote.