History – Forrester Boyd

Forrester Boyd was formed in 1935 by the merger of Mr SM Forrester, who began practising in Grimsby in 1900 and Mr W Robson Boyd, who set up practice in 1910. Both practices thrived and when in 1935 they merged Forrester Boyd was born and the current Grimsby premises as 26 South Saint Mary’s Gate were purchased.

Expansion into Scunthorpe and Louth

In the first decade the practice saw meteoric growth and the opening of branches in Scunthorpe in 1937, followed by Louth in 1939.Through strong links with the fishing and food industries we also had an office on the docks until an incendiary raid on the pontoon by Hitler’s Luftwaffe in 1943 destroyed it. But even that couldn’t stop us.

Through the 1970’s and 1980’s we expanded our offices, Scunthorpe moved a couple of times and today our Forrester Boyd family has 12 partners, over 250 staff and offers a range of specialist services alongside our core accountancy service including tax planning, corporate finance, payroll and IT solutions.

Skegness office opens

In May 2012, after many years of looking for the right opportunity to establish a presence in Skegness to better service our coastal Lincolnshire clients, Forrester Boyd purchased Michael May Accountants.

Establishing ourselves in East Yorkshire

Forrester Boyd had previously been operating from offices in Hessle but in April 2013 our position in East Yorkshire was further strengthened with the merger of a well-known accountancy firm in Beverley, Robsons. This new venture is trading as Forrester Boyd Robson.

Forrester Boyd Robson is a trading name of Forrester Boyd Robson Limited, a company incorporated in England & Wales with company number 08370127 and registered office at Kingfisher Court, Plaxton Bridge Road, Woodmansey, Beverley HU17 0RT